Mission and vision
We provide students with a comprehensive business education to make them fit for starting a career and assuming responsibility in the fast changing environment of global management tasks.
The mission of the Faculty of Business Administration is to to educate future business leaders.
Faculty has an ambitious strategic vision for the future: to be among top business faculties in the central and eastern Europe.
To fulfill the vision in the context with the key stakeholders means:
- in the relation towards the establisher – to be one of the best university institutions in the Czech Republic in the specialization Economics and management in terms of research and education;
- in the relation towards the market – to educate graduates who will be searched out by businesses, to use contacts with alumni in order to innovate program portfolio, to offer other attractive products, graduates of faculty are in great demand, the economic crisis has not impacted our placement rate;
- in the relation towards students – to ensure educational process based on modern program portfolio enabling graduates the best work placement, at the same time to stabilize numbers of, respectively to slightly lower numbers of accepted students, and in the proces of faculty growth to prefer quality to quantity;
- in the relation towards international environment – to increase the number of students studying at least one semester at foreign universities, to increase the number of foreign students studying at the faculty, to ensure that the study program portfolio is enough appealing to businesses with internationally oriented activities, to present faculty internationally;
- in the relation towards employees – to create environment for qualification growth, to create stimulus leading towards full use of scientific and pedagogical potential, maximum support of international activities;
- in relation towards the community – faculty as a whole and also individua members of the faculty will respect traditional ethical values, to build strongly perceived faculty identity.
The current successes proving our pre-set direction:
- The faculty together with 30 other excellent business schools runs one of the most successful Master´s Programmes in International Managament in the global world, CEMS MIM programme, that ranked as nr. 4 in the global Financial Times Ranking of Master programmes in Management average ranking for 2010-2015, CEMS MIM is the ultimate academic-corporate bridge programme.;
- Our Master´s Programme Management has been ranked 72nd in 2015 Financial Times Ranking mentioned above;
- The university as a whole is ranked no 1 in the Czech Republic within 5 Palmes – UNIVERSAL Business Schools;
- Our MBA program of the ISBM again ranked third among the best business schools in Eastern Europe in 2015-2016 ranking, ISBM is repeatedly recognized by EDUNIVERSAL, in 2014-2015 the MBA program of the ISBM was ranked third also.