How to Apply
Submit an e-application and pay the application fee (50 EUR or 1.300 CZK) by April 30, 2018.
Send us required documents
Submit a proof of proficiency in English and send us your bachelor’s diploma and transcript of records along with a motivation letter.
Submit your essay
Write an essay on a given economic topic and send it till April 30, 2019 and talk to us for a while within an brief interview in Prague or on Skype.
The admission results will be announced during May, 2019.
Pay the tuition fee (1900 EUR/semester), get your visa documents (if needed) and you are ready to go.
Congratulations! Right now, you are a student.
The application deadline for the academic year 2019/2020 is on April 30, 2019. Access to the e-application form will be open from December 3, 2018 to April 30, 2019.
Students are required to send copies of their English certificates (see below), Bachelor’s diplomas (see below) and optionaly GMAT certificates along with a motivation letter by April 30, 2019. For the admission purposes, all can be sent either electronically to email@example.com (please, ALWAYS state your full name in the email subject) or by mail to the following address:
University of Economics, Prague
Faculty of Business Administration
W. Churchill sq. 4
130 67 Prague 3
Students can also deliver the printed application form with all the required documents to MIMG office RB 326 (Rajská Building), office hours Mo and Thu 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00.
- Graduates of Czech and Slovak universities provide a legalized (notarized) copy of their university diploma,
- Graduate of Slovenian, Polish and Hungarian universities provide a legalized (notarized) copy of their university diploma
- Graduates of German universities apply for a recognition/nostrification of the university degree at the public university in the Czech Republic which offers similar study program
- Graduates of other universities provide a legalized (notarized) copy of their university diploma and an academic transcript and apply for the recognition of their previous university degree (for details, please see part Recognition/nostrification of the previous University degree).
In case you still study and you’re about to finish the bachelor studies in the current academic year, you have to send us the Confirmation of Study from the University and the actual, temporary Academic Transcript/Report.
The Academic Transcript/Report must include:
- A list of all courses completed during the bachelor’s study
- ECTS credits or allocated number of class hours per week for all courses on the list
- Grades in all courses on the list
- The grading scale
- Transcript has to be in a form of original letter on university letterhead paper, with the signature of a responsible person and a stamp
- English version of the transcript is required
The application for the recognition must be submitted immediately the final documents (Diploma and Diploma Supplement/Transcript) are issued and prepared in the required conditions, see information on this page above. The documents must be submitted not later than the Winter semester starts!
- TOEFL ibT ≥ 90, IELTS ≥ 6,5, CPE A, B or C, CAE A, B or C BEC Higher A, B or C, OR
- Bachelor degree from English speaking country or taught fully in English at any CEMS university or EQUIS/AACSB accredited university.
Optional: Candidates who may present their GMAT certificate may be granted extra points. However GMAT is not a required prerequisite. Please note that in the e-application in InSIS (information system) is stated, that it is a required course, however it is not true.
The admission procedure is a long-distance one. Students must submit an essay on given economic topic at latest on April 30, 2019. Essay must be send by the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably with all the requiered personal documents (please, ALWAYS state your full name in the email subject).
- The essay must be written in English and solely by the applicant without any assistance from others!
- Students must choose only one from bellow mentioned topics.
- The scope of an essay must be between 2500 and 3000 words.
- The applicant must strictly avoid any form of plagiarism including translations. If an essay or any part of it is copied or translated, the author of it will be excluded from the admission procedure.
- The essay should be saved in MS WORD format and sent by e-mail to email@example.com at latest by April 30, 2019.
- Available essay topics:
- Business plan executive summary. You may use your own idea what kind of business you would like to start-up in future.
- Strategic analysis of a company of your choice.
- Marketing plan of a product of your choice.
- Shipping Industry and Logistics – Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Digitization and Digitalization.
- Shipping Industry and Green Logistics – Environment and Sustainability.
Note: Please, do not forget to indicate all used sources of information.
Part of the admission procedure is also a brief motivational interview not longer than 10-15 minutes. We will mainly discuss the motivations of your study at the university and the topic of the essay you submit. Both on-site interviews as well as Skype interviews will be held at the beginning of May 2019. Applicants will be provided with a link to register for the interview after April 30.
Students, who meet all the admission requirements, i.e. passed the admission procedure, delivered all the required documents and paid the tuition for the first academic year will be immediately enrolled as full time students.
Those who require any documents for long-term study visa will be issued these documents straight after enrollment.