The minor specialization NextGen Consulting focuses on the active search for opportunities for the successful development of existing companies. Its goal is to develop strategic and creative thinking as a key aspect of successful growth and performance of the company.
Businesses are today facing new challenges that are associated with complex problems, often without any connection to the past. In this minor specialization we will teach you how to deal with it, i.e.:
- how to be more generalist and see what we call “big picture”,
- how to solve problems from a multidisciplinary point of view and come up with ideas that are creative, or use, for example, analogies from other businesses,
- how to connect corporate, social and ecological sustainability of businesses.
The minor specialization also pays due attention to family businesses, which are the most common type of organization in many economies, and where we can see the strategic importance of connecting family and business issues.
Key knowledge and skills in compulsory courses are further developed by a balanced combination of elective courses focused on critical thinking, analytical and communication skills.
Graduates could find jobs in consulting companies, in-house consulting departments, but also as managers and successors in family businesses.
|Project||“International growth of a propeller producer”||
“Implementation of new digital strategy to maintain market growth”
“Online fashion search engine expansion to LATAM”
|“Corporate expansion of the Malaysian price aggregator”||“International growth strategy for technology start-up with their employee engagement app”||“Designing a CSR strategy for commercial property company”||“International growth strategy for a debt collecting app company”||“Innovation Center Silo II Analysis and business development for real estate project”|
|“Ethnographic research for
formulation of csr strategy”
|Project||“Customer research on senior generation”|| “CX Design of financial products for Millenials
|“CX Design for ecologic detergents”||„From almost bankruptcy to a market leader“ case study||“The story of ownership succession“||“Leadership Succession“||“Growing through ESG (Sustainable Real Estate project)”||“Business model Innovation in car dealership company”||“Analysis of the Czech aquaponics market and its profit potential”|
|“Customer experience design for sandwich generation”||
|“Business development for green facades project”
Lev Simonyan, Senior Global Treasury and Cash Management Data, Performance & Projects specialist | Novartis
Lev is a business development enthusiast striving for operational excellence and sustainable development by bringing the power of analytics to complex problem-solving and business planning. Serving currently as Senior Global TCM Data, Performance, and Projects specialist and doing his secondment in the role of Business Planning Analyst for Customer and Technology Solutions business for region Europe.
“The minor gives nice level of introduction into real-life problem-solving and even some kind of testimonial into the world of external consultants. The main pro of the minor is that it provokes thinking and helps to cultivate critical thinking, which is crucial in any kind of role in the career/business.”
In minor specialization Marketing, you will learn how to answer the following key marketing questions, which are in the core of any business:
- Do I understand my customers and the market?
- Who are the most profitable customers?
- Which unique value can I offer them?
- How will I communicate this value?
- How will I deliver the value?
- How will I make a profit?
- How will I innovate my business?
How to register for the Minor Specialization
- Go to your Student’s portal in Insis
- Select Registration/Enrollment in VS
- Go to Course registration
- Choose either 3ME (Marketing) or 3CE (NextGen Consulting)
When to register for the Minor Specialization
Students choose their minor specialization during the first year. The registration will take place in these periods:
Term 1 AY 2020/2021: June 1, 2021, until August 14, 2021.
Term 2 AY 2021/2022: November 29, 2021, until January 5, 2022.
After the registration for minor specialization, a student can choose from several minor specialization courses in InSIS.
According to the study plan, we recommend all students to register all minor specialization courses in the 3rd term.
Minor Field Comprehensive Exam
Minor Field Comprehensive Exam is an exam that can be taken after successful completion of all Minor Specialization courses (mandatory + elective courses, in total 30 ECTS).
Minor Field Comprehensive Exams are offered at the end of every semester (January and June). Students have to register for the exam via Insis (ID code is 3MEVS – Marketing OR 3CEVS – NextGen Consulting). The exact date of the exam is usually known in November/ April. Students can check the dates in the Academic Calendar or in Insis.
1. From the academic year 2020/2021 the final exam from the minor specialization NextGen Consulting is designed as „open book“ case cracking. The outcomes of the case are then pitched in front of the committee playing the role of the fictive client.
Key elements of the exam:
▪ 3 hours of „open book“ presentation preparation
▪ 10 minutes pitch in front of the evaluating committee incl. industry experts
2. For the minor specialization Marketing, the topics for the exam are listed in syllabus. The wording of the individual questions is based on them. The exam requires knowledge of general marketing (strategy, communication, consumer behaviour), digital marketing and marketing research.
For the exam, you will draw a total of two questions that reflect the content of the above-mentioned disciplines. Case studies are not part of the exam.
Minor Field Comprehensive Exam is credited with 3 ECTS.